For those who believe clothing should be an expression of ourselves, but not 0ur value (mind over price tag), who aren't afraid to shake up an office casual day or who want to let their hair down on the weekends.

__________________________________________________________________________

Saturday

Revise: Red Not to Red Hot

Thrift Store Dress (Before)Thrift Store Dress (After)

Once again, I bought this dress for $10 at a thrift store in Los Angeles. It was drowning in red, and I wanted to change it up sightly. Removing the old red ribbon attached was the first step. It was showing the dress' real age. That was replaced by a fresh, new black ribbon with a small red rose sewn on top. The middle section looked a bit sluggish. There I added black lace to break up the red top portion from the red bottom portion. Speaking of the bottom, I sewed a piece of black cotton material underneath the red see-through lace that way your eyes gravitate from top to bottom when you see the additional color.

Price breakdown for additions:
Black ribbon - already owned
Small Red Rose - $1.29
Lace - $3.99
Dye for Lace - $2.79
Black Cotton Material - $2.66
Total: $10.53

If I used my Joann's coupon more wisely, I could have gotten the pricing down a tad. These are additions that anyone can do. Believe me, I'm no sewing expert. However, projects like these allow me to practice. Maybe practice will make adequate.

No comments:

Post a Comment