For those who believe clothing should be an expression of ourselves, but not 0ur value (mind over price tag), who aren't afraid to shake up an office casual day or who want to let their hair down on the weekends.

__________________________________________________________________________

Sunday

Refinish: Rags to Riches


Mending battered things that are already in your closet is an even better way to help out of the environment and cut down on excess expenditures.

I purchased this top at a thrift store over four years ago. Originally, it was a dress. I can't remember exactly why I cut it, but I'm sure I had my reasons. I would tell myself that wearing it without a hem sewn made it look more natural. However, no seam tends to unequal unraveling thus relegating the shirt to the bottom of a drawer somewhere inside my closet.

I saw some purple pompom trim at the fabric store and thought it would help make the top okay for public viewing. I hemmed the shirt bottom using seam tape (one of the greatest inventions ever) and used the tape again to attach the trim to the bottom. No needle required. Ready, set, iron.

Now I don't have to worry about it falling apart anymore, and I can restore it to its rightful place with the rest of my wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment