For those who believe clothing should be an expression of ourselves, but not 0ur value (mind over price tag), who aren't afraid to shake up an office casual day or who want to let their hair down on the weekends.

__________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday

Remix: Matching is Optional


Sometimes rules are made to be manipulated. In elementary school, I wore a black tennis shoe on one foot with a white sock and a white tennis shoe with a black sock on the other. Funny how I thought I was so cutting edge. However, I am proud that in my youth I thought somewhat out the box.

I love watching What Not to Wear on TLC. At times I find myself amazed at what things people think don't go together. Pink and brown? Yes, you can wear it. Wearing black with brown? It's possible. A print blouse with a non-solid jacket. Tricky, but it can work.

The ruffle striped blouse above I purchased at a thrift store for $3. The ribbon plaid belt I purchased at another for $.99. The colors look like they're in the same family, so why not put them together? The different pattern on the belt actually helps it stand out more. Admit it, you're a little visually intrigued.

Mix and matching is definitely okay. Just try not to look too much like a disheveled elementary school student.

No comments:

Post a Comment