For those who believe clothing should be an expression of ourselves, but not 0ur value (mind over price tag), who aren't afraid to shake up an office casual day or who want to let their hair down on the weekends.

__________________________________________________________________________

Sunday

Resonating: Dress of Past and Present

My favorite word in the English language is "extraordinary." When used together separately, "extra" and "ordinary", they mean incredibly plain. However, when the two words are combined, it means incredibly unique.

That's why I like this thrift store dress that I purchased for $6. It's got a slightly vintage feel in the way it's cut at the top (the boatneck and the sleeves), but the color is very modern. I don't think the dress would have fit in any past era because the print is too futuristic. The tones pop out at you when you look at it.

It reminds me of one of my favorite Walt Whitman quotes, "Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes."

No comments:

Post a Comment