For those who believe clothing should be an expression of ourselves, but not 0ur value (mind over price tag), who aren't afraid to shake up an office casual day or who want to let their hair down on the weekends.

__________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday

Refute: Two Wrongs Make a Right

Exhibit A - thrift store shirt. I purchased said item for $3. When I arrived at my residence, I realized that it had two ink stains by the embroidery in the middle of the shirt. Yes, I was negligent, but what is even more thoughtless, is the idea that someone would give this lovely shirt away without even thinking of a solution to fix it. In the fabric trim section, which is now becoming my favorite shopping aisle, I found this rose ribbon and simply tacked it on covering up the imperfection. Was Jane Doe wrong for tossing this shirt aside? The compliments I received at work would conclude, yes.

Exhibit B - thrift store jeans. Earlier in one of my blog posts, I said that I couldn't find jeans at a thrift store. I would like to strike that from my record because I found these Gap jeans for $8. I'm coveting wide leg jeans at the moment, and these jeans are nicely constructed with wide cuffs at the bottom. I love the way they swish when I walk, and they're not overly done like bell bottoms. I was wrong.

A top for $3 and jeans for $8 equal the right combination for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment